Chicken Broccoli Casserole
At a loss for what to do with chicken tonight? Here ís a great recipe
my sister really enjoys!
CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced (or use 3 cans already cooked, flaked
- 2 lbs. fresh broccoli, steamed (or use 2 pkgs of frozen and cook to
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (in an effort to cut fat, we use low fat,
reduced sodium, etc.cream soups)
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1-1 cups grated cheese
- 2 cups dry bread cubes
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
Drain broccoli and place in 9x13 baking dish. Place chicken over top. In
a bowl, combine all the soups, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Spread on top
of chicken. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Mix dry bread cubes with melted
butter and sprinkle on top of cheese. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
A viewer who tried this recipe, sent me her variation. It sounds interesting and
may provide a bit of a different flavor.
Instead of using 1 can cream of mushroom soup,
1 can cream of chicken soup and 1 can cream of celery soup, use only 2 cans cream of chicken soup. Also, I add 1/2 tsp. curry powder, which adds a very interesting twist.